CORONA VIRUS: FERRARI WANTS ENTRY GUARANTEES

0
Mattia Binotto Ferrari
Mattia Binotto Ferrari. Credit: F1-insider.com

The Formula 1 season opener in Melbourne is scheduled to take place despite the coronavirus. Ferrari meanwhile demands more certainty and updates

Despite the spread of COVID-19, the organizers have given the go-ahead for the Formula 1 season opener in Australia on March 15. “All signals are green,” was a message from the organizers on Monday.

Due to the increasing number of infections in Australia and above all the entry restrictions for people from several affected countries, there was speculation about the cancellation of the Australian GP.

However, there are still no restrictions for travelers from Italy, the home of Ferrari and Alpha Tauri, as well as tire manufacturer Pirelli. Therefore, the organizers in Melbourne hope for a smooth Grand Prix weekend.

“At this point, there are no signs of further travel restrictions or that Formula 1 and the teams will not arrive as usual,” the statement said.

Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto, however, demands more certainty: “We simply need guarantees before we start. If there are any health checks, we need to know that. We need to know what is waiting for us and what the consequences will be if problems arise. ”

Formula 1 boss Chase Carey recommended staying calm. “We want to act appropriately and we want to do the right things,” Carey said in the RTL interview.

The organizers of the Australian GP assure, that they are in constant contact with the responsible authorities in order to regularly check and update on the conditions. 

Because of the coronavirus epidemic, the fourth season run in China had been postponed indefinitely. The races in Bahrain and Vietnam that follow the Australian Grand Prix are also at risk.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here